How it started: Clipped from a short 1948 film by the British government introducing the original aims of the British National Health Service (NHS), their publicly funded health care system. The NHS began in 1948. For details on the creation and history of the NHS, linked to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National... .
The expert's view: British GP Professor Steve Field talks about the transatlantic healthcare row.
Answer these questions after watching the video:
- What's his opinion about the British Healthcare Service?
- How has it improved over the last 10-15 years?
- What's the difference with the American system?
The users' view: hotfile.wordpress.com A quick sampling of what Londoners think of their nationalized healthcare system - NHS.Answer these questions after watching the video:
- Do the people interviewed complain about anything?
- In general, how do they feel about their NHS?